Welcome back to this school year! Our District is committed to professional development for staff and again this year staff took part in a variety of instructional trainings that will assist and support staff in their instructional goal setting this year. As you know, summer is a very busy time for staff and school and District leaders. Here is a sampling of some accomplishments that have happened since early June.
- A highly successful Summer School Program and Lunch in the Park Program for the greater Mauston area. Orchestrating success for kids and families.
- As of this writing the District is pleased to welcome 18 new teachers to our learning Mauston School District Community. Many of our existing support staff will return and a number of new support staff will join us as well. We will welcome all new teachers and support staff to the District at the Welcome Back to School Event on Tuesday, August 29.
- Professional Development in Mathematics and Reading Workshop at elementary and middle schools, FAB LAB high school training and high school attendance at the Bioenergy Institute for Educators. Powerful professional development involvement!
- Mauston High School has been busy establishing distinguished partnerships with regional business and industry and higher education to expand MHS’s Insight Program and advancing dual credit college options for high school students.
- Two of our elementary schools, Grayside and West Side Elementary will welcome new principals to begin the new school year. Please welcome Bobbi Steele and Jolene Routson!
- 1050 student Chromebooks to advance learning as a result of a recent technology lease.
- The Track/Field and Grandstand Community Field Referendum Project is very near completion and we hope for the opportunity to play a few varsity soccer and football games on the field in September pending the approval of the contractors telling us the grass is at a substantial level of growth.
- A July School Board Workshop on the District’s interest in improving teacher compensation to remain competitive in the public education free market.
Mauston Schools continue to be grand places where educators are committed to teaching and supporting GREAT students! I am very proud to share with you our mission action statement:
The School District of Mauston is your District of Choice where students, educators and community embrace high expectations in academics, arts, extracurricular activities and community engagement to best prepare each learner to achieve success in the world of work, college and life.
Please review the schedule below for the week you return to school. Your building specific schedules will provide more detail for you for Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday. Teacher float days this year include Monday August 21 through Friday August 25 and August 28, 31 and September 1. The first day of school for students in grades 4K-9 is Tuesday September 5 and for students in grades 10, 11 and 12, Wednesday September 6.
We are fortunate to be in the profession of teaching and supporting others. We get to transform the lives of children and youth! Until I see all of you soon, I wish you a wonderful rest of August.
Christine M. Weymouth,
Superintendent of Schools
SCHEDULE FOR AUGUST 29, 30 and 31, 2017
Tuesday, August 29
Wednesday, August 30
Thursday, August 31 & Friday September 1
Welcome Back to School Breakfast and Program
7:30 AM – 8: AM
Hot Breakfast at MHS (ALL STAFF)
8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
New Staff ALICE Training at MHS
8:30 – 10:00 AM Session 1
10:15 – 11:45 AM Session 2
12:15 – 1:45 PM Session 3
2:00 - 3:30 PM Session 4 New Shoretel Software Phone Training on Operation and Use
of New Phones – Attendance is voluntary (*Video training will be made available also.)
7:45 AM – 3:45 PM
See Building Schedules (Lunch On Your Own)
TEACHER FLOAT WORK DAYS
(This is an additional Teacher Float Day)
8:15 AM – 9:45 AM
Superintendent Weymouth’s Welcome and “Mindfulness in the Workplace” by Betsy Delzer (Middleton-Cross Plains School
10:00 AM – 3:45 PM
See Building Schedules